Amber Road

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Alabama-

That tigger stuff animal looking thing is actually one of those stuff animal purses. It was quite popular back then. I was in 7th grade in that picture.

6th Grade








Grades 5-8

Highlights

Having an Military ID

School

Christmas




Military ID
Having an military id was great. You see, it used to be on post that you had to show your id before you were even allow in the P.X. Usually a store employee was paid to stand there like a guard. I remember being so excited when I turn 12 because I could "sign in" any of my off post friends or sign in my sister (if she forgot her id). Not only do you get to sign in people,but you get to sign this special book that was only kept from behind the guard's station desk. It was like "top secret" notebook.
My military id was so great, I even remember telling my friends that I would refuse to marry any guy who wasn't in the military. I didn't want to give my id up when I turned 18. That would be just a sad day.


SCHOOL

Home Ec
This is where my love for baking and sewing came in to view. In 6th grade I had to take Home Economic. I got my first cookie recipe and learn how to bake. I was a little shaky at first. I remembering almost burning our cookies because we left them in too long. :( But I think in time I got better...hopefully ;)
I sew my first pillows and apron in this class. After many finger poking, I somehow manage to make a pillow that has cross stitch in it. I made it for my brother. Green and yellow with his initials on it. I wonder what happen to it..hum..

Volleyball
Volleyball was the only sport I played in school. Apparently I was a good server, but that was about it. Literally. I was afraid to hit the ball (I didn't like the sting part on my arms). I have no idea how I made it or got through it. But I have a photo to prove it.

Chorus
Here is where my love for music arose. I decided to join the chorus club my 6th grade year. I thought if my friend was had joined it and liked it, I might too. And that is exactly what happen. I love to sing. We got to sing some Christmas songs in German. I thought this was pretty neat. Later that year, we even got to sing at our local airport around Christmas time. I remember that being such a cool experience. That was one of my top experiences in being in middle school.

Cliques
Alamaba had to be the most cliquiest schools I ever been too. If you weren't in the cool crowd, you weren't consider a nobody. Even siblings that were consider cool, already was apart of the cool crowd among their peers. I never learn how they manage it. I remember my middle school having such horrible bullies. Even some of the teacher's were bullies. I begged and begged my mom to home-school me, but she kept refusing. She claimed it was too much money. :(


Christmas in Alabama

My mom apparently goes nuts at Christmas time. Like BIG time. My dad and brother DECK out the house. I'm pretty sure that they put some of the Christmas stores to shame. Not only had my mom bought TONS of lights and other lawn decorations. She even designed this a Santa workshop. It's a building that my dad and brother built. It was a mini building that had a huge see through plexi glass in the center of it. In it she had some animated figurines of Santa, Mrs.Clause, and a few of Santa's elfs. The next year she designed a winter wonderland building too. She had two children animated figurines building a snow man. They look great and we got put in our local post newspaper twice.
Also this is where we got to meet Santa and his REAL reindeer. Off post this guy set up (in his driveway) a spot where children can line up to sit on Santa's lap and pet his reindeer. He also offer hot chocolate and cookies.

Pictures coming soon.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I think I would have loved to sing at the airport too! :) Sounds like so much fun!

NiNa said...

It was. I remembering being so nervous!