Amber Road

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Unexpected gifts


Not many of you know, but we currently ran into some unexpected financial situations. Which end up leaving our savings account dry (and me panicking). Our transmission went on our car, our mixer died, our can opener died, and December (dec 30, 2008 to be exact) is the month that I had my 1st m/c AND our 2nd child would have been due in December (dec 26, 2009). So December is just a mess for me.
I wrote a message on my IF board asking for prayer and was shocked when I receive a package in the mail a few days after wards. It end up being from a lady on my form who sent us a can opener. I was complete shocked that someone (who didn't even meet me)would send me such a gift. She even included a note that said she was thinking of us and even though the can opener wasn't much, she hoped that it help. What a blessing!!
Our second unexpected gift was from a family friend. Unknown to him about our financial situation, we were not planning on getting a tree this year. He called my mother in law and said that he wanted to know if her sons wanted to get these 3 Christmas trees out of his lawn (I guess he saw them as a nuisance to have). My mother in law, in turn, called me. I was so ecstatic about it. I told her our situation and that we would LOVE to take a tree.
It just amazes me that God would still shine his light in our darkest of worlds. The gift of giving. It's a blessing. Thank you Jesus for being our giver and being a light in our world.

No comments: