Amber Road

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Discussion: Favorite Child hood memories/Camp memories?

So, as I was doing my devotionals this morning, God laid on my heart a camp memory that I long forgotten. Wow. It was incredible. So here it is:
I was a camp counselor for 8-11 years olds and each cabin was given a scripture to memories and perform on stage. We were given 2 Peter 1:3; which reads, "His divine power has given us everything we need for life & godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory & goodness".
Some cabins perform plays, some cabins song it, and others acted it out. Our cabin decided to rap it. That right..we dressed up as "gangstas" and rap 2 Peter 1:3. It was so funny! At the end, we had Carolyn yelled, "Run, the cops are coming" and we ran off stage!!

So, Whats your favorite childhood memories or Camp memories?

2 comments:

Traci said...

Hmm.. I went to basketball camp.. we had a talent show. Our act was to sing "My Guy".. we were spectacular. Real American Idol material.

But what I really want to know is if you still are a good rapper?

NiNa said...

LOL..i doubt it.. it was kinda off key..but at least we got the message around..