Amber Road

Friday, January 24, 2014

Infertility and shopping at Salvo

I was in Salvo trying on some clothes for my second job. While mid way through I hear from a young mom screaming at her baby. She was yelling at her daughter saying over and over, "DON'T CHEW THAT, THAT'S DISGUSTING"! Someone (and I assume it was her mom) said, "She probley doesn't understand you, she is just a baby".  Then the teen mom said, "I know, but I have to tell her how it is... She is chewing on something she isn't supposed to, so I have to tell her. That's disgusting!"

My first thought was seriously? God, I'm struggling for 9 years with infertility and I have to listen to this mother screaming at her baby for doing what babies do? Really?
Then I thought, this makes me really not even want to buy anything at this store. I can't stand listening to this teen mother screaming at her child. It's just too much. I then proceeded to put my clothes back where I found them and walk out of the store.  I thought this is crazy. Maybe I should just pay full price at a retail store or better yet, order online. Then I won't have to deal with ignorant people.

No comments: